|Proof I can stay up past 9pm!|
I am writing this at 39 1/2 weeks preggers, so uber close to due date, having just come back from a midwife appointment. I was offered a sweep at thirty-nine weeks, then again at forty weeks by my consultant due to previous complications (see my post on the scary side of pregnancy here). I have however declined my thirty-nine week sweep in order for the baby to cook a little longer and hopefully decide to arrive naturally. If you'd have asked me a month ago whether I'd want a sweep early I would have jumped at the chance but for some reason I'm just not feeling it at the moment.
The baby is not engaged either, apparently second plus babies don't always engage due to previously stretched muscles. Today however I do have lower back ache, and a few niggles so I'm hoping that means something is happening.
I has a sweep with Honey and she appeared the next day so I'm under no illusion they only happen if the baby is willing anyway. This time though I'm going to let mother nature run her course for a few extra days... wish me luck!