I thought I'd start writing this post after a few moans to the husband about how life changes so much when you have kids even your bedside table is unrecognisable. He suggested I blog about it, so I did.
Anyway, gone are the days when pre-baby mine was stacked with back issues of Vogue, Diptyque goodies, beautiful hand creams, fountain pens and notebooks, the occasional vase of flowers, makeup and lip balms. Or at uni boxes of Haribo for breakfast, empty bottles of Sambucca or red bull, lots and lots of make-up and even more unread text books.
Now it is all about baby entertainment and taking away all the interesting things that can get smashed/ broken/ eaten/ lost or spilt. And it changes monthly. New baby books, occasional a new mummy book, nipple creams and spare muslins, lovely. Mine has obviously been cleaned of tea/ milk stains and rearranged a little for photographic purposes, but this is it in all it's mummified glory. I will try and do these regularly, because if any of you are like me I love nosing round people's houses and this is a good little sneak peak!
- Angelcare montior - not used much anymore
- Bio-Oil for evening bump oiling and Whistles Cowshed hand cream
- Jo Malone Orange Blossom candle, on it's last legs (hint hint)
- Eye mask, to try and convince my preggers body to stay asleep
- Baby Names book - yup still no closer to naming the bump
- Gina Ford - The Contented Toddler Years - Am trying to read up on how to adapt the routine to two
- Another book - I think it is The Sense of an Ending, but I keep falling asleep as soon as I pick it up
- A gazillion baby books to try and keep Honey entertained while I sneak a few more moments in bed
If you are brave enough to share what's on your bedside table don't forget to link back to this post or enter below!