Sunday 29 April 2012

The Royal Ballet

Last week just we were treated to the most magical evening at the ballet. Not only was it to see La Fille Mal Gardee performed by the Royal Ballet at The Royal Opera House, but we were given the most amazing backstage tour by Ballet Master Gary Avis, oodles of champagne, a private box and we also went behind the scenes for the curtain call at the end of the performance to meet the lead ballerinas.

It is safe to say I'm now hooked on ballet and can not wait to take Honey, I think we'll start with Beatrix Potter!

4 comments:

  1. So jealous. I love the ballet, but haven't been for a while. And it's so magical as a child - not sure my son will ever want to go (or his father would want him to go), but I know even my brother used to enjoy it even just to watch the 'real' orchestra (he was used to my ballet class dancing to a tape recorder or piano)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw The Edward Scissorhands ballet a few years back at Saddler's Wells, you can defo take your son and hubby to that one, they may even enjoy it! xxxx

      Delete
  2. WOW! I am super jealous! I love the ballet especially at the royal opera house. What a treat! I definitely think Beatrix Potter is a great place to start and also the Nutcracker is so magical at Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup the Nutcracker is high up on my list too, and Swan Lake, so exciting! xxx

      Delete