Monday 12 September 2011

Recipe of the week - Brooklyn blackout cake

For some reason I have been craving chocolate cake, and I don't mean a store bought, dry, airy, powdery cake, I mean a proper home made dark, fudgey, dense, gooey chocolate fudge cake. So I tried out the Hummingbird Bakery's Brooklyn Blackout cake, which was, and still is, completely heavenly.



As you can see from the pictures, I only made a double, rather than triple layered cake as I only had two tins, and because of this I still have half of the quantity of icing, or chocolate custard as they call it, left. I also decorated with grated dark chocolate and crystallised violets instead of cake crumbs, but nevertheless it is one of the best chocolate cakes I have made. Definitely worth a try. The only thing is as I am married to a "professional athlete" it means I seem to be polishing it off by myself, with a little help from Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment